How to perform Nasya at home?
Nasya is the nasal administration of medicated herbal remedies, decoctions, and oils. Nasya is the procedure that balances all doshas, but especially vata. It is traditionally used to help lubricate your nasal passages, boost vocal quality, as well as aid in maintaining clear vision.
In Ayurveda, the nose is thought to be the primary way to the brain, and it is also the gateway to consciousness. It is also the entry point for prana, the vital force introduced by breathing. A healthy, uncluttered breathing pattern is essential to ensure the proper flow of prana through the body and head. It has a positive influence on the overall well-being of the whole body and mind.
When many bodily fluids build up in the throat, sinus, and nose areas, it’s best removed via the nose. The oil aids in the process of cleansing, primarily when used. Nasya Oil is a soothing and nourishing herbal oil beneficial for nasal passages.
- Nasya is an essential part of a daily routine.
- The benefits of regular lubrication of your nasal passages with Nasya Oil abound, from moisturizing your nose’s inside to calming and protecting your nasal passages.
- Nasya helps ease sinus congestion, release tension in the neck, and alleviate stress.
- We are balancing vata, pitta, and Kapha.
- Nasya Oil is also traditionally considered to boost vocal quality, improve vision, and improve mental clarity.
What is Nasya oil?
Nasya is among the five Panchakarma (Ayurvedic detoxification treatments). Nasya oil is a herbal infused oil that nourishes and supports the nasal passages, sinuses, throat, head, and sinuses.
Anu Thailam is a nasal oil or nose oil traditionally utilized in Ayurveda for neck and head ailments (sinusitis and headache).
Anu oil is used regularly to perform Nasya at home. Consult your Ayurvedic doctor or practitioner about what oil is best for your constitution.
How do I do Nasya at Home?
- Lie on your back, and then tilt your head and your nose pointing towards the ceiling. If you’re sleeping on a mattress or sofa, you could hang your head from the edge of your bed or put a pillow under your neck to support.
- Apply 2-4 drops of Nasya Oil in each nostril. If you are experienced, you can use the oil dropping by drop around the outside of the nostril and completely covering all nasal tissues.
- Enjoy a long, deep sniff of the air, take a break for a while, and let the Nasya oil get into you.
If sitting down isn’t comfortable, you could apply Nasya the following way:
- Drop a drop of Nasya Oil on the little finger, then gently put it into the nostril.
- Massage the inner wall of the nasal passage gently.
- Alternate the left and right nostrils until both have received 3 applications of the oil.